25 December, 2011

Make Money Online With A Blog


Make Money Online, My Personal Story, How I Created IncomeDiary.com
A frequently asked question these days – is how did I come to create IncomeDiary.com? With this post I hope to answer that question, let you in on some of my secrets and also hopefully inspire you.
Since creating such a well known brand and popular blog, it has allowed me to team up with people and create a number of seriously profitable businesses such as Popup Domination, Site Profit Domination and Blog Creation Domination!
Before creating IncomeDiary.com, I had a few major websites – the young entrepreneurs website: RetireAt21.com and a web design blog which I sold for over $20,000 only 6 months after starting it.
Both sites earned me good money, but nothing impressive. My ambition was to have a website that could earn me at least a 6 Figure income.
With my other sites I had become very knowledgeable about blogging, about content generation and about getting heaps of quality traffic to my websites. I was also increasingly being asked by visitors to my websites about how to build a website like RetireAt21.com
Looking back now at an amazing last 7 months or so I am in particular struck by something that I read in a survey about entrepreneurs recently:
Entrepreneurship is about solving the problems of society, not starting a business for one’s own sake
Now it would be a bit over the top to suggest that I started IncomeDiary.com to solve the problems of society – but it would be true to say that I started it because I wanted to solve a ‘problem’ – the problem of being constantly asked questions about how to create a blog or how to make money online?
It was out of solving this ‘problem’ that IncomeDiary.com was born – the original idea being to share my experiences with blogging and making money online while at the same time inspiring others with features about other bloggers who had done amazing things online.
It has actually been quite therapeutic writing up this post. It really is amazing what can be achieved in a few short months when you put your mind to it. If there is one lesson in particular I would like to share it is:
That in order to RECEIVE, you must first GIVE
So many bloggers get excited about setting up a blog, but cannot for whatever reason get over that hurdle that exists when you first start out – of writing content, researching posts, building relationships etc (The GIVING bit) with very little in the way of income coming back in return.
So often I visit a Blog and see that in the first month of operation there are plenty of posts but come the second or third month the posts have become less frequent.
I wish I could say Blogging is an easy way to make money – but I can’t. I can however say it is an excellent way to make money and frankly it does eventually become quite easy, but not until you have first gave of yourself and created something of value that other people will follow.
I started out small, and I even remember getting excited when I started to make $10 a day with Google Adsense a few years ago – fortunately these days the numbers are quite a bit higher and I am even starting to experience some $1000 Days of earnings.
I hope you enjoy My Story and I hope it Inspires you.
To all our Successes

No comments:

Post a Comment